6 Month Rentals in Amsterdam
Serviced Apartments with City Centre Retreat
Posted: 20th February 2023 by James Evans
Amsterdam is one of the most popular destinations for expats and visitors from around the world. This bustling city is known for its rich culture, history, and beautiful architecture, but finding suitable accommodation can be a challenge. Temporary accommodation, such as 6-month rentals, can be an ideal solution for people who need a place to stay for a limited period of time. In this article, we'll explore the benefits of temporary accommodation in Amsterdam and provide insights on how to find the best 6-month rentals.
II. Finding Temporary Accommodation in Amsterdam
When it comes to finding temporary accommodation in Amsterdam, there are various options available to choose from. Here are some of the most common methods:
- Rental Agencies - There are many rental agencies in Amsterdam that specialize in finding temporary accommodation for expats and visitors. They can offer a range of options for short-term rentals, including apartments, studios, and shared housing.
- Online Platforms - There are also several online platforms such as City Centre Retrat, where you can find short-term rentals for your stay in Amsterdam. These platforms offer various options for different budgets and preferences.
- Social Networks - Social networks such as Facebook and LinkedIn can also be useful for finding temporary accommodation. There are various groups on these platforms that focus on helping people find temporary accommodation in Amsterdam.
While each of these methods has its advantages and disadvantages, it is important to research each option to find the one that suits your specific needs and budget.
III. Amsterdam Serviced Apartments
If you're looking for comfortable and convenient temporary accommodation in Amsterdam, serviced apartments can be an excellent option. Here's what you need to know:
- What are Serviced Apartments? - Serviced apartments are fully furnished apartments that are available for short-term or long-term stays. They come equipped with all the necessary amenities and services, such as cleaning, laundry, and maintenance, to make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- Types of Serviced Apartments - There are various types of serviced apartments available in Amsterdam, including studio apartments, one-bedroom apartments, and two-bedroom apartments. They are available in different locations throughout the city, from the bustling city center to the peaceful suburbs.
- Cost of Serviced Apartments - The cost of serviced apartments in Amsterdam varies depending on the size, location, and duration of your stay. On average, a one-bedroom serviced apartment in Amsterdam can cost between €2500 to €4000 per month.
- Top-rated Serviced Apartments - Some of the top-rated serviced apartments in Amsterdam for short stays include City Centre Retreat, The Yays - Crane Apartment, Prinsenhof Suite, and The Hoxton Amsterdam.
When choosing a serviced apartment, it is important to consider your budget and preferences, as well as the location and facilities that you require for your stay in Amsterdam.
IV. Corporate Housing in Amsterdam
Corporate housing is a popular option for businesses and their employees who need temporary accommodation in Amsterdam. Here's what you need to know about corporate housing:
- What is Corporate Housing? - Corporate housing is a form of temporary accommodation that is specifically designed for business travelers and employees. It provides fully furnished apartments or homes for rent, usually for periods of 30 days or more.
- Benefits of Corporate Housing - One of the main benefits of corporate housing is that it provides a comfortable and convenient living arrangement for business travelers and their families. Corporate housing typically includes utilities, cleaning services, and other amenities that make it feel like a home away from home. It can also be more cost-effective than staying in a hotel for an extended period of time.
- Top Corporate Housing Providers in Amsterdam - Some of the top corporate housing providers in Amsterdam include City Centre Retreat, Corporate Housing Factory, and Perfect Housing.
- Benefits of Using a Corporate Housing Provider - When it comes to finding 6-month rentals in Amsterdam, using a corporate housing provider can offer several benefits. They can provide a range of options for temporary accommodation that meet your specific needs and budget. They can also handle all of the administrative tasks, such as negotiating leases, arranging cleaning services, and handling maintenance issues.
When considering corporate housing in Amsterdam, it's important to do your research and compare providers to find the best option for your specific needs.
V. Expat Rentals in Amsterdam
Expats and international students often need temporary accommodation when they first arrive in Amsterdam. Expat rentals can be an ideal option for those who want a home away from home. Here's what you need to know:
- What are Expat Rentals? - Expat rentals are properties that are specifically designed for expats and international students. They are usually fully furnished apartments or homes that are available for short-term or long-term rentals.
- Advantages of Expat Rentals - Expat rentals have several advantages, including being fully furnished and equipped with all the necessary amenities for a comfortable stay. They are also located in expat-friendly neighborhoods and come with additional services, such as cleaning and maintenance.
- Top Expat Rental Agencies in Amsterdam - Some of the top expat rental agencies in Amsterdam include Amsterdam Housing, Expat Rentals, and Perfect Housing.
- Benefits of Using an Expat Rental Agency - Using an expat rental agency can make the process of finding 6-month rentals in Amsterdam much easier. They can provide a range of options that meet your specific needs and budget. They can also offer additional services such as relocation assistance, helping with administrative tasks, and providing information on local customs and culture.
When choosing an expat rental agency, it is important to research their reputation and read reviews from other expats who have used their services.
VI. Cost of Living in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is known for its high cost of living, but it's still possible to find affordable options for 6-month rentals. Here's what you need to know about the cost of living in Amsterdam:
- Average Cost of Living - The cost of living in Amsterdam varies depending on the type of accommodation, food, transportation, and entertainment. On average, monthly rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the city center can cost between €1400 and €2200. Gas and electrcity costs in Amsterdam at the time of writing this article cost around 300 euros per months for gas and electricty in a 60m2 one bedroom apartment with two occupants being reasonaly responsible with there usuage. A meal for one person in a mid-range restaurant can cost around €20, and a monthly transportation pass costs €98.
- Living Comfortably in Amsterdam - To live comfortably in Amsterdam, you will need to have a monthly income of at least €2,000 to €2,500. This will cover your rent, food, transportation, and other expenses, and allow you to enjoy some of the city's entertainment options.
- Cheapest Suburbs in Amsterdam for Rentals - If you're looking for more affordable options for 6-month rentals, you might consider some of the cheapest suburbs in Amsterdam, such as Amstelveen, Diemen, and Zaandam. These suburbs offer a quieter, more residential lifestyle while still being easily accessible to the city center by public transportation.
When considering the cost of living in Amsterdam, it's important to research your options carefully and consider your specific needs and budget. By doing so, you can find an affordable and comfortable option for your 6-month rental in Amsterdam.
VII. The Pros and Cons of Living in Amsterdam
Living in Amsterdam has both its advantages and disadvantages. Here's what you need to know:
- Pros of Living in Amsterdam - Amsterdam is known for its multicultural atmosphere, with people from all over the world living and working in the city. It also has a high quality of life, with a great public transportation system, easy access to green spaces, and a strong focus on sustainability. The city has a vibrant cultural scene, with many museums, art galleries, and music venues. Additionally, Amsterdam is a hub for innovation and technology, making it a great place to start or grow a business.
- Cons of Living in Amsterdam - One of the main drawbacks of living in Amsterdam is its expensive cost of living, with high rent, food, and transportation costs. It can also be difficult to find affordable housing, especially in the city center. Additionally, the city can be crowded and busy, which can be overwhelming for some people.
- Top Areas for Expats - Despite the challenges, there are many areas in Amsterdam that are popular with expats. Some of the top areas include the Jordaan, De Pijp, and Oud-Zuid. These areas offer a mix of residential and commercial spaces, with plenty of amenities, restaurants, and entertainment options. They are also well-connected to public transportation and offer a high quality of life.
When considering living in Amsterdam, it's important to weigh the pros and cons and do your research on the different areas to find the best fit for your lifestyle and budget.
If you're looking for temporary accommodation in Amsterdam, 6-month rentals can be an ideal option. From serviced apartments to corporate housing and expat rentals, there are various options available to choose from. While the cost of living in Amsterdam can be high, there are still affordable options available, especially in some of the suburbs.
When it comes to finding 6-month rentals in Amsterdam, it's important to research your options carefully and consider your specific needs and budget. Using a rental agency or expat rental agency can be helpful in finding the best options.
In conclusion, temporary accommodation in Amsterdam can be a great way to experience this vibrant city and all it has to offer. With careful planning and research, you can find an affordable and comfortable option for your 6-month rental.
Search Monthly Rentals
Search, explore and book temporary rentals in Amsterdam today.
Learn & ExploeMore
Contact Us Here
Address: City Center Retreats BV, Haarlemmerweg 331-333 (A), 1051 LH, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 8 50 02 42 01
1 bedroom apartments in Amsterdam
2 bedroom apartments in Amsterdam
3 bedroom apartments in Amsterdam
General Information & Help
A guide to the city of Amsterdam
Find temporary accommodation in Amsterdam
Accommodation in Amsterdam city centre
Free Property Valuations
Utility & Residential Costs
Renting serviced accommodation
Copyright © City Centre Retreat B.v Registered: Haarlemmerweg 331-333 (A), 1051 LH, Amsterdam, The Netherlands K.v.K number: 69913161. B.T.W number: NL261332570B01